Friday, December 11, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...(kind of)

Update on Pregnancy::
Today is day 42 of being on modified bed rest. The doctor calls it bed rest but I have to call it modified since I am clearly not in my bed or even on the couch all day long. How can you be laying down all day with a 2 1/2 year old? I thank the Lord daily for Logan. She has kept me such great company these past 5 weeks.

I am 32 1/2 weeks now. PRAISE JESUS! We started this journey at 27 weeks. At my doctors appointment this week my doctor informed Trav and I that at this point in my pregnancy there is a very high percentage rate that if Lucas was born today he would survive and thrive well. Even though I am ready to be more active it was great to also be reminded by my doc that if he was born today we would be visiting him in the hospital. When you put it into perspective what more important job do I have? I will gladly stay put.

I am so thankful that the Lord has been gracious and allowed Lucas to stay in my tummy for this long. He is Good. But even if He hadn't, He would still be good. But we do praise the Lord because we know He could do whatever He wants in this and we are thankful that His plan has matched ours hearts desire in this situation.

Perspective::
Its funny. It seems like there are a lot of pregnancies around me right now. A hand full of gals are due right around the same time I am due. I have notice myself watching them and be sort of envious that they are able to be so active during their pregnancy. They are able to pick their older children up, or do simple things like go Christmas shopping. But just as quick as that thought enters my brain, I then think of the women who struggle to get pregnant or those that are never able to have children. I remember how blessed I am to be carrying a healthy baby. As long as this season seems, I will (God willing) have a baby to hold and love in the end and there are so many women who will never have that.

Blessed::
There are so many people that have come alongside us during this time to make sure we are taken care of. Between calling, making sure we have meals, groceries and helping with Logan...we have felt very supported and loved. We have incredible friends and family. It makes me cry even thinking about it. I look forward to soon being able to serve others the way we have been served.

Logan::
Logan is in such a fun season. She is truly becoming her own person. Trav and I pray often for the wisdom on how to guide her into being exactly who God intended her to be. We have had a great time of simplicity in the past weeks. There are many days we don't even get out of our PJs. Its been fun to play and listen to her little mind articulate this world.

Recent Logan Quotes::

Quote 1: Logan was chatting on the phone with her Nana (Trav's Mom, Tana) and mid-sentence she keep telling her, "I need to check my Facebook". I am not sure if Tana knew what she was saying but after the 3rd time she said it I could not stop laughing. A 2 1/2 year old saying, "I need to check my Facebook". Apparently Mom and Dad are on the computer too much.

Quote 2: After witnessing a calfs birth (courtesy Visser Dairy....thanks Jess and Trav) Logan said to me, "Mommy I saw a baby cow come out of a cows booty. That was so great!"
I am just waiting for the her to ask soon if baby Luke is gonna come out of Mommy's booty.

Quote 3: While laying in her bed before bedtime, Logan looks at me says, "There is one Jesus in my heart and one Jesus in my manger set".

Christmas::
Its December and my favorite time of year. In less than two weeks my little girl will turn 3. Two days following that we will celebrate our Saviors birth. This is the first Christmas that Logan is starting to understand what Christmas is. Logan's preschool teacher told me this week she walked up to a manger picture scene and started telling the other kids who everyone was in the picture. "This is Jesus....this is Mary....". It was an awesome feeling to hear her teacher say that. As a parent you wonder that what you teach your kids are falling on deaf ears or are the storing it in their hearts. Apparently she has been listening.

The other day Logan helped me wrap some Christmas gifts. She wrapped her cousin Hannahs. (with help from Mom) She was pretty proud of her job. Here are some pictures of that experience.




We love you all. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Mary Poppins said, "A teaspoon of sugar helps the medicine go down." Well, I agree with you and say
that "a teaspoon of perspective helps the hard stuff life go down...better.
I'm glad for your sake that you have neared the "safety zone" in pregnancy. Any doctor who thinks a mom can really do bed rest is CRAZY! :)