Good Afternoon Old Friend. Oh how I long for thee. I think of things I want to share with you through out the day but little time there is lately. So here I am Ole Blog. Did you miss me? I have missed and thought of you often.
I recently picked up a book (The Grace Awakening by Charles Swindoll) I read a while back and I am now reading it a second time with a group of friends. For some reason reading it this time around has hit me a little harder. Its challenging the way I parent and engage in relationships.
One statement the book made that has really stuck with me this week is....
"For there to be true maturity, people must be given room to grow, which includes room to fail, to think on their own, to disagree, to make mistakes."
How true that is. If we really want people (or our children) to become exactly who God intended them to be, we must give them room to grow, learn and fall for themselves. Oh how hard it is sometimes to give Logan the space to do this. But if I love her, and want her to grow, I will.
We have been talking a lot lately about "her jobs" (chores) and allowance. She gets excited about the new responsibilities. For me, its yet another flood of teachable opportunities in which I must let Logan learn and fail if need be. I asked her today if she could stop growing. She told me no. At 38 months she is 40 pounds and 40 inches. Really? My little girl isn't so little anymore. To be honest I can barely put her in her car seat anymore without throwing out my back and knocking her head on the roof of the car. My baby is getting older. It scares me if I am honest. I am not ready to let her grow up yet.
Luke is the sweetest little boy. He is perfect. At 6 weeks (tomorrow) he weighs 12 pounds 11 ounces. He is already in 3-6 months clothes! He brings so much joy to us all. Trav got him smiling on camera yesterday. Hopefully I can post some pictures of that. (if my computer cooperates)
Here are some pictures from this week.
My first smile caught on camera (5 weeks)
Watching Daddy's new TV in my swing.
Hannah and Lo, the two big sisters! (Hannah wasn't into taking a picture) My sister Lisa had a little boy on Friday making me an auntie for the 5th time. Lincoln Michael Stanley Lakovich weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces. Lincoln and Luke are 5 weeks apart and Lo and Hannah are a year. I look forward to watching their relationships grow. These two already love each other soooo much.


No comments:
Post a Comment