This past Tuesday (August 9th) we said goodbye to Trav's grandma Donna. Trav was able to be with his Grandma and his family the weekend before. No words seem to be fitting for this blog to describe the emotion and the void she leaves in our hearts. We all wish for more time with her but also know that the Lord is the determiner of our days. She was wonderful. Witty, funny, laid back, warm and extremely loving.
She also called some of us girls by funny names when she first met us.Tana: "That Girl"
Me: "Suzy"
Logan: "Hogan"
In the end, she got all our names right, and captured our hearts. She was the type of Lady that lit up a room. You wanted to be near her. You looked forward to seeing her.
Some of my favorite times with Grandma Donna took place on walks around the park when we were visiting them in Oregon. I enjoyed hearing her stories or whatever she was talking about that day. She always had a treat for Lady (Trav's parents dog) in her pocket. I will ask Trav and Logan their favorite memory about her tomorrow and post it in the comments. There is so much I don't want to forget.
If you knew Grandma Donna, what is your favorite memory???? Do share and leave a comment below.
In the end, she got all our names right, and captured our hearts. She was the type of Lady that lit up a room. You wanted to be near her. You looked forward to seeing her.
Some of my favorite times with Grandma Donna took place on walks around the park when we were visiting them in Oregon. I enjoyed hearing her stories or whatever she was talking about that day. She always had a treat for Lady (Trav's parents dog) in her pocket. I will ask Trav and Logan their favorite memory about her tomorrow and post it in the comments. There is so much I don't want to forget.
If you knew Grandma Donna, what is your favorite memory???? Do share and leave a comment below.
We love and miss you Grandma Donna.
Grandma Donna meeting Logan
Grandma Donna meeting Luke

2 comments:
Well, there are many great stories and memories to share. But I think today the one that I am reminded of the most is when Grandma Donna use to watch me and on Saturday mornings I would go with her to the Grocery Store. I would sit inside the cart and she would always stop at the deli we would get two corn dogs and mustard. Then we were off to do all of the shopping, at the end of the trip we would always stop and go through the clothing and shoe isles. A lot of times grandma would leave with items in hand, then we would hide them at the bottom of all the bags so that grandpa would not see them. I learned a lot from those shopping trips, and had amazing one on one time with my Grandma. She was and still is an amazing, loving, and caring women. The void she leaves with the DeManby family will never be filed. We love and miss you Grandma!! Party for us!!!
Love, Faye!!!
So I do not have one specific memmory to share of Grandma. My favorite memories were just some rituals that seemed to take place when I was a kid. Here are a few that stick out that I have missed long before grandma was gone. I guess I just missed them from growing up.
My list:
1. Spending the night at grandma's and looking forward to cream of wheat cereal in the morning.
2. Grandma used to love to clean my ears. (maybe that's why I clean them at least once if not twice a day now.) Thanks Grandma!
3. Christmas mornings at Grandma's house. It seemed the best gifts always came from the back bedroom.
Love you grandma!
Travis
Post a Comment