Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday....ahhhh



Dear Sunday,
Can you come more often? We love to you dearly.
Love,
The DeManbys

Sunday is by far my favorite day of the week. It pretty much has since I was a kid. For us Sunday is our day of rest filled with church, yummy food, friends and family. Logan is even growing to LOVE Sundays. This morning she woke up, called for us then as Trav walked in the room with big eyes yelled, "Its Sunday!" Sunday is partly exciting for her because it is the one day a week that she can have "Yummy Cereal" or "Daddy Cereal". Translated means Logan gets to have any cereal that is loaded with sugar. Most days when I ask her what she wants for breakfast she will first ask me if its Sunday.

After Logan fills up on her cereal (or as she would call it "sid-e-al") then most Sundays we head to church. After naps we head to my grandma Papi's (Noni) for dinner. For as long as I can remember every Sunday my whole family (including my Dad's brother Ken and his whole family) has gone to Grandma's for Sunday night dinner. My grandma has begun such a special tradition that I hope to always have apart of our Sunday. She is 88 years old and still cooks for her whole family an amazing (usually Italian) dinner. What used to be 11 people (my dads family and uncle Kens family) has grown to 21 people every Sunday. Noni has two sons, five grand kids, and now 7 great grand kids.

In fact, this is the very place that Trav and I met. Ten plus years ago my cousin Jason starting bringing this hot, tall, skinny college kid named Travis to Sunday dinners at Noni and Big Papa's. At first I was bugged this guys was coming. I thought he was a mooch. :) Who would ever have thought I would meet the love of my life and the father of my kids at Nonis? I feel pretty blessed. Because of Sundays, all of our kids see each other weekly and look forward to playing with their cousins. They are all very close because of it. What a wonderful gift our Noni has given us all these years. What an amazing woman. Logan is actually named after her. Logan Mae. Doris Mae. My grandpa used to call her Dorie Mae. Thanks Dorie Mae for helping make Sundays our favorite day of the week.

I have been wanting to share some of Logan's little words and saying because they crack me up and I know before too long she will grow out of them and I don't want to forget them. So here are some of Logan's words translated.

"Mickey Donalds" = McDonalds or Mickey Mouse
"Erections"= Directions
"Silly Car with no roof" = convertible
"Gatorade" = her babys name

Oh...this little girl makes us laugh. I love being her mom. She is so much fun.

Here are some pictures....

Luke: 3 3/4 months (taken 5/15/10)
My sweet girl: 3 years old
He smiles and giggles all the time now.
I found my hands last week. I love playing with my ball.
Logan watching Daddy work in the backyard. Pictures to come.
I LOVE this smile. It melts my heart every time.


3 comments:

jenrumley said...

Super great pics. What cutie pies! Hope you're having fun at Noni's tonight:)

Travis said...

Hey babe,

Thanks for writing such great blogs...by the way I was really coming to Noni's because of the hot cousin that Jason had...love you!

The Garud's said...

Logan I looking so beautiful like her mommy!! SO cute