Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life is Happening...




Yesterday Logan dropped her sippy cup in a little manmade water creek (its at the park for kids to play in). It took that little sucker right out of our reach quickly. Logan emotionally lost it. She was so distraught. Although we could see it, we couldn't reach it. All day long she talked about her pink sippy cup and different ways we might be able to get it back. All day long she talked about this $2.00 gerber sippy cup. Really?

But to her, it was a big deal. It marked her. She probably won't forget it anytime soon.

I shared with the Logan the time when I was in Santa Cruz and lost my shoe over the Pier. I remember that day so well. I must have been 5 or 6 years old.

Then it hit me. Life is happening for my kids right now. Things we do today are shaping them, and making them into who they are going to be. God is using experiences to mold them into tools for Him. They are making memories TODAY that they will remember when they are grown and have children of their own. YIKES!

Life is happening. I want it so badly to slowdown. They are growing up too fast.

Luke:: 5 Months

Luke is a little mover. Well kind of. He is rolling over on his back to tummy all the time. He is such a curious little boy. He loves to play with any and everything. If its in his reach...he is going to get it. His hand eye coordination amazes me all the time for his age.

Luke is two weeks away from graduating from his Physical Therapy. He has been going to Dynamic Kids and seeing Sandy once a week since he was 2 months for torticollis. We have grown to love there staff and will miss seeing them regularly.

We are trying to still get Luke's wheezing and cough under control. Little man has been wheezing since April. Doctors think he has asthma like his big sister but we will see.

Luke is such a happy kid. He found his voice and loves to use it! By far his favorite person continues to be his big sister Logan. She makes him laugh often.

Logan:: 3 1/2 years old

Logan was a flower girl in Jason and Annie's wedding this past weekend. She loved it. I couldn't contain the girl. She wanted so badly to dance on the dance floor. She is our little dancer. Her favorite song to dance to right now is Taylor Swift, You Belong With Me. She can almost sing the whole song.

She loves music. That makes me so happy because so do I. She will randomly start singing a song that we had no idea she knew. The other day she started singing Sweetly Broken. There is nothing better than hearing your kid sing a worship song. I pray one day that song would be more that a melody but the cry of her heart.

Little mans awake...here are some pics....

Trav giving his toast
Lo with the bride and groom...

My 3 favorite nephew...
All dressed for Annie and J's wedding....

At the park with Hannah....

Noni with Luke and Linc at one of our picnic lunches
Happy little boy...loves his baths
Told Lo she had to put shoes on to go outside. I should have been more specific.

3 comments:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Your little ones are getting cuter and cuter! Noah has been seeing Sandy at Dynamic Kids as well. We absolutely LOVE her! Logan and Luke are so adorable all dressed up for the wedding!

Ann said...

The picture of Logan's shoes made me belly laugh out loud! Love it.
Auntie Nini

Anonymous said...

Katie... we so need to hang out and get to know each other... :) I was just reading your blog and love how much we have in common. Ella had torticolis too and we got to see Sandy for quite a while... and she NEVER took a bottle from 8 weeks on, so I feel your nursing (can't leave for longer than 2 1/2 hour) pain. Oh, the fun times of being a mom! :)
-Amy DiBuduo