Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lukie Boy 2.5

Oh Lukie. I am so thankful the Lord knew we needed you in our family. You are kind, spicy and oh so much fun. Sometimes it's hard (and sometimes it's very easy) to discipline you. There are many times Mommy and Daddy know we need to correct you but find it hard to keep a straight face doing it.

You have oh so much energy and at the end of the day we are pooped, but you are not. I wanted to document some of my favorite pictures and memories of you over the past 6 months.

A few things I love....
*You say to me "Hey Babe" when I walk into a room. (You hear Daddy say that)
*I love hearing your sweet little voice sing in the car. From, "I like to move it move it." To "Jesus Loves Me."... all are sweet music to my hears.
*I love hearing you laugh from your belly when you play with Sissy.
*When I come to pick you up from Ms. Leah's (Your 2 year old program) you run to the door with a big smile on your face  and your art project in hand. And usually you tell me, "I didn't cry." (And most of the time you had) You are my brave little boy.
*You throw everything. Everything. EVERYTHING. We are working on this.
*You've decided to not take naps this month. During the time you are supposed to be sleeping you pile everything you can on your bed. Sissy's shoes, Sissy's jewelry, clothes, cars, books...anything you can find. You also enjoy taking off all the knobs or your dresser. Oh boy.
*I love when I tell you I love you, you tell me, "I love Daddy." And vise versa.
*I love how gentle you are with your baby brother.
*I love that every night you remind us to pray and you also ask to pray. Your prayers are so sweet and very tender. You thank Jesus for what ever you did that day and for your favorite things. Past prayers...."Thank you God for golfing with Daddy. Thank you for my big boy bed. Thank you for Mimi taking me to two parks. Thank you for Sissy. Amen" 
*I love that you stretch me.

So here are a whole lot of pictures from the past 6 months.

In April (at 2 years and 3 months old) you decided to potty train yourself. Thank you son. That is the best gift you could have ever given us.



I just love this picture of you and Nana and wanted to add it. You were playing baseball with her and you missed the ball. I love her expression and that you are looking at the ball that went right by you.  You love sports. Playing any type of sport or game with you is your love language.
 You and Lincoln

This year you did The Little Gym. You loved it. 



Graduation Day
 Your class
 Your teacher. I wish I remembered her name. :(
 You in your big boy bed
 You were in Ally's wedding in June. You did wonderful. And you looked pretty handsome too. You are a little ham.
 Swim lessons this summer at Jan Thomas. I wish I remembered your swim teachers name too.
 Camping (in our backyard) with Daddy and Sissy
 The Circus. You loved the motorcycles and elephants.
 You are such a sweet brother. You and Ethan.
 My little Mr. Independent. (Note the shorts on backwards)



No comments: