Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eight Wonderful Years.....

Song of Solomon 6:3
I am my beloved and my beloved is mine....


I still find it funny that neither of us can pin point an exact date when we started dating OR what might have been our first date. We both can agree we both started enjoying each others company sometime in late 2001. You captured me with your confidence and easy going personality. I was (and still am) drawn to your calming, soft and safe presence.  Who would have thought, I would meet my husband at my grandma's house? Thanks Jason. 

Eight years ago today, as very young 21 and 23 year olds, we entered into a marriage covenant. It feels like it's been 5 minutes but the pictures and memories remind me otherwise. Looking back on pictures of that perfect June evening, I see two kids who thought they had a clue....not realizing the incredible roller coaster of a journey they were about to embark on.

June 21, 2003 
What my eyes gazed at in amazement as I walked down the isle...


  We had an army of loved ones witness our vows to one another.  

Neither one of us really knew where we were going but we knew we wanted to journey together....

Our first house....

 Where we learned we were going to be parents ...



We traveled..... 

And we got our first dog Gracie....


 3 1/2 years after we married we realized we wanted to share our love with someone else....


And the Lord made us parents and gave us our first little miracle, Logan Mae. 


She captured our hearts....


I didn't realize until after she was born how much God created you to be a Daddy. 
You are as good as it gets. 


3 years later...we wanted to meet the one that we knew was missing from our family.... 

 

And the Lord gave is Lucas Reid....



 

Babe, I love you deeply. So much more today than I did eight years ago. I love you deeper because I know more of you and you have more of me. I love our changing bodies, our first (of many) gray hairs, our treasured dates and the fact that when you hold me, I still feel giddy and like the luckiest woman alive. I know we would both say that marriage has been much harder than either of us expected, but I am so thankful I have a partner that is in.  I know I have you to walk through the good, the hard, and the ugly with me with confidence that the Lord is at the center of this thing. I love being your wife. Thanks for always serving me and leading our family well. Although I wish I wasn't miles apart from you on this special day, it only makes my heart all that more excited to spend time with you. I look forward to our trip...unrushed, undivided time with my one and only. Love you Babe. 


No comments: