Logan will often ask if she is 4 1/2 yet. She so badly wants to be older. Why is it that I don't? If only I was able to stop time. Or at least make the days longer. But the days seems to be short and years even shorter and my little girl is almost 4 1/2. She is beautiful. She sharpens me daily, only second to her Daddy. I never knew a little girl could make me think so much about who I am and the decision I make everyday. I so badly want her to look at her Mommy and see someone who doesn't have it all together, but loves her and Jesus deeply.
If I had to guess, I think she is going to be a teacher. She LOVES to learn and teach. Often during her quiet time I will hear her playing school with her imaginary class (which all the students have the same names of the kids in her actual class). I will say, she has the voice and the rules down! Her voice goes up a few levels and she often will sing as she teaches. (picture her singing this) "It's time to sit down on your name today for circle time." And always a reprimand somewhere in there. "Jacob, no talking!" or "Alana eyes up here!" I really love listening to her.
We made rice pilaf the other night together. It's hard to believe that someday she might be cooking for me completely by herself. Another thing I see in this picture is an apron that used to go clear down to her feet when she wore it.
This is from a month ago but I figured better late than never. She had to make a bonnet for her preschool Easter Parade. Boy was that an experience. We put some much
junk stuff on that thing, she had to hold it up when she wore it. It was darling.
Just incase you can't tell by the above pictures, Logan is my girly girl. Everyday she asks to wear her "skinny" jeans. One morning this caused quite the fuss after Daddy picked out an outfit for her to wear to school and it didn't include her skinny jeans. She will RARELY wear any type of sweat outfit. (unless of course it is all pink) If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she still says a cheerleader. And she loves her friends. A lot.
1 comment:
Katie: I absolutley LOVE this post, one of my top 5! You say things so perfectly and that little Logan has a special place in my heart.
Post a Comment