Friday, June 24, 2011

What Tyler has taught us...

Two years ago today this little boy went to be with Jesus...


I hold many memories close to my heart of his little life....
...finding out his Mommy was pregnant with him (after much struggle)
....the first time we held him after his early arrival
....his dedication to the Lord
....and babysitting him while his Mommy and Daddy had date nights.

One memory I deeply cherishing is holding him in our Baby Borne on a walk one night while Trav and I were watching him while his parents were out on a date. As he slept on my chest I remember wondering what his little personality was going to be like and how he was going to impact people for the Lord.  Little did I know the type of impact he would SOON have on my heart and so many forever.

Jen and Jerrod, his Mommy and Daddy are one of our very best friends. The type of friends that become family. The type of friendship you hope everyone can experience.

It's one thing to live for the Lord when life is...easy, it's another when the most feared and unimaginable thing happens to you as a parent. You give your child back to the Lord.
Because of Tyler, this happened...

"I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you..." Job 42:5

I watched our friends live this as they learned to live here on earth without their son and walk with the Lord through it....

"But I will hope continually, and will praise you yet more and more." Psalm 71:14

They continue to give glory to the Lord amidst their pain....

"So that we who first hoped in Christ live for the praise of His Glory." Ephesians 1:12

Again and again they have ran to the Lord and trust in His promises....

"You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatness and comfort me again." Psalm 71:20-21

And long for this... when our Savior will return for his bride and those who know the Lord join Him in Glory....

" He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4


 
Thank you Tyler, Jen and Jerrod for helping our eyes SEE the Lord.

We love you Tyler and miss you deeply.





No comments: