This morning I had the privilege of sitting through a service for a friends Dad as they said goodbye to him. His 5 sons all spoke about memories of their father. One thing that stood out to me was how they all said their Dad went to each and every sporting event they ever had. And from what it sounded like, there were many events. They all played multiple sports. Somehow he was able to get out of work (he was a teacher) to be there. It even brought tears of emotion to one son as he spoke about how much that meant to him.
My grandparents did the same for me growing up. From age 9 (when I started playing tennis) to age 22 they came to every single match of mine. Not only did they come to mine, but they went to all 5 of their grandkids sporting event. Every one. At the time I probably took it for granted and didn't express how much their support meant to me but now looking back it was such an act of love. They were in. They supported us. Rain or shine, they were there. They were invested. Because they wanted to be. Not out of obligation but out of enjoyment and love.
I can't wait to do this for my kids and grandkids. It meant so much to me and I can't wait to be that type of cheerleader for my family.
If you are reading this and feeling any ounce of guilt because you have not invested in the relationships that the Lord has given you, its not too late. Start today. Right now. Tell them. Show them you love them deeply and they are worth your time.
What do you want your legacy to be?
Luke and Noni playing. They both equally love playing together. An 88 year old and 1 year old. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am loving your blog! Thanks for your encouraging and inspirational posts :)
Post a Comment